Forecast capacity for nodes, interfaces, or volumes in NPM
Consult graphs or tables to see usage trends of devices on your network, and find out when the capacity of the devices will be fully used.
Locate pending capacity problems
Consult the Top XX Capacity Problems widget to see a list of objects whose usage trend is rising.
If the widget is not in a view, add it.
View capacity usage trends and forecast in graphs
To see a graphical display of capacity usage trends, go to the details view for the node, volume, or interface, and consult the forecast chart:
- CPU Capacity Forecast Chart
- Memory Capacity Forecast Chart
- Storage Capacity Forecast Chart
- Interface Utilization Receive Forecast Chart
- Interface Utilization Transmit Forecast Chart
View capacity usage trends and forecast in tables
For a brief overview of usage trends for a node, volume, or interface, go to the details view for the object, and consult the widget:
- Node Capacity provides an overview of both CPU load and percent memory usage in the past 6 months, a forecast when the warning and critical thresholds will be exceeded, and when the resource will be fully used.
- Volume Capacity provides an overview of volumes capacity usage in the past 6 months, a forecast when the warning and critical thresholds will be exceeded, and when the volume capacity will be fully used.
Forecasts in this widget are calculated using the default method (peak or average) specified for the widget.
Capacity forecasting widgets display only on views for which they are relevant. For example, interface utilization widgets can only be added on interface detail views.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console and go to the view where you want to add the widget.
- Click the pencil icon on the upper left.
- Click Add widgets on the upper right.
- Type "forecast" or "capacity" into the Search field.
- Drag and drop the widget on the page where you want it to be, including in a new column.
- When complete, click Done Adding Widgets, and then Done Editing. The view is now populate with the widgets you selected.