Discover your network paths in NPM
NetPath™ is a feature that helps you identify network problems faster by automatically creating a map of the problem area, with a wide variety of supporting information. NetPath™ displays the performance details of devices inside and outside of your network.
Key features of NetPath™
- NetPath™ discovers the node-by-node network path.
- NetPath™ quantifies the performance of each link and node along the path.
- NetPath™ isolates the node or connection that is decreasing end-to-end performance.
- If the issue is external, NetPath™ identifies the name of the company that owns the node and displays their contact information.
- If the issue is internal, NetPath™ incorporates data from NPM
, NCM, and NTAabout your on-premises gear.
How does NetPath™ work?
NetPath™ uses distributed monitoring and path analysis to discover how applications are delivered through the network to your users. To use NetPath™:
- You deploy agents on Windows computers that act as synthetic users. The agents use advanced probing to discover and test the network path that traffic takes to any network endpoint, such as your local file print server, your website, or external websites.
- After discovering the path and quantifying the performance of each node and connection, NetPath enriches the picture with additional data about Internet nodes. If you are monitoring non-Internet nodes, NetPath™ incorporates that data too.
- The result is a clear end-to-end map of how applications are delivered to your users, including your network, the network of your provider, and any other networks you depend on.
NetPath™ answers the following questions:
- How well is my network delivering applications to my users?
- Are the paths to key applications or users down?
- Where is the network problem and who is responsible for it?