Temporarily reset the current power level of a monitored EnergyWise interface in NPM
Any change made to the power level of a monitored EnergyWise entity is only effective until the next scheduled application of a defined recurrence policy.
To remotely reset the current power level of an interface, the parent node must have not only Community String, but also Read/Write Community String set correctly. See Edit polling settings.
Policies are configured either manually on the monitored device itself or with a configuration management utility, such as SolarWinds NCM. See www.solarwinds.com.
Some Cisco IOS versions report EnergyWise levels as values
1-11 instead of
0-10. In NPM 10.1.2 and later versions, the levels are automatically corrected. IOS's on some devices are not affected by this issue.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Locate the device to edit:
- Use the search tool above the node list to search your database for the parent node of the EnergyWise interface entity you want to reset.
- Select a Group By option, and click the group including the parent node of the EnergyWise interface entity you want to reset.
- Expand the parent node, and select the interface entity.
- Click More Actions > Override Power Level.
- Select a power level, and click OK.
To reset the current power level, you can also go to the Interface Details view, and click Set Power Level in the EnergyWise Interface Details resource.