Set NPM thresholds
- When a metric reaches the specified Critical Level threshold on a node or interface, the node or interface will be displayed as bold red in resources and reports.
- When a metric reaches the specified Warning Level thresholds on a node, the node or interface will be highlighted in red in appropriate resources and reports.
- Flapping Routes use different colors when the thresholds are exceeded: red for the error threshold and yellow for the warning threshold.
To change thresholds globally, for all monitored objects, complete the following steps.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console using an account with Administrator Rights.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the Thresholds & Polling grouping, click NPM Thresholds.
- Provide the values for Critical Level and Warning Level for the selected metrics.
See Network Performance Monitor Thresholds for more information.
- For the Interface Percent Utilization metric, specify if you want to use average or peak daily values in calculations for capacity forecasting.
- Click Submit.