View entities on SolarWinds Platform Maps
Starting with Orion Platform 2018.2, SolarWinds Platform products can map monitored entities on SolarWinds Platform Maps.
- Map related or connected entities: On an entity details page, click the Map subview to display monitored relations or connections relevant for the entity.
- Create SolarWinds Platform Maps from scratch: Click My Dashboards > Maps to view list of available SolarWinds Platform Maps, and edit or delete existing maps, or create new Maps from scratch.
- View maps full-screen: Click a SolarWinds Platform Map to display it in the view mode.
- Integrate SolarWinds Platform Maps to views: Add SolarWinds Platform Maps as a widget to seamlessly integrate customized SolarWinds Platform Maps to your views.
For details, see the SolarWinds Platform Administrator Guide.
On Maps, you can see entities connected or related to supported entities (such as nodes or groups).
Go to the group details view, and click the Map icon in the navigation bar on the left.
Entities that belong to the group are displayed on a map, including connections between them.
Click an object to display more information about it in the navigation pane on the right.
Connections related to the selected object are highlighted on the map, too, with boxes informing you about configured metrics, such as traffic or percent utilization.
On the map, click Open Map in Editor.
Click Save, provide a name for the map and click Save.
Go to the view where you want to add the saved map and add the Orion Map widget there:
- Click the Pencil Icon in the top left corner of the view.
- Click Add Widgets in the top right and search for Orion Map.
- Drag the map widget to its position on the view. Click Done Adding Widgets and then click Done Editing view.
Click Choose Map in the widget, select the map, and click Save.
The map is now available in the widget on your view.
What else can you do with SolarWinds Platform Maps?
- View details for entities on mapped entities, such as the Map Summary, connected entities, dependent entities, related alerts, or VMAN recommendations.
- View connections between displayed entities, such as topology connections, application dependency connections, or Orion dependency connections.
- Customize the auto-generated maps, such as add/remove related entities, create a group from mapped entities.
- Adjust the auto-generated map by zooming in, zooming out, or panning.
- Create a custom SolarWinds Platform Map, add entities, adjust their position, and save the map.
- Create a custom alert based on the SolarWinds Platform Maps entity.
- Send mapped objects via email as a report and send the SolarWinds Platform Map as a PDF.
See SolarWinds Platform Maps in the SolarWinds Platform online help for details.