If client information is not in a format that can be easily imported, you can manually create each client account. The account information must include the client's name, email, and Web Help Desk login credentials, as shown in the example below. When you add a new client, the information is saved in the Web Help Desk database.
Beginning in Web Help Desk 12.5.2, all techs who use LDAP authentication must have a Client account to access their Tech account. This process prevents unauthorized access to an LDAP account.
SolarWinds recommends allowing clients to create accounts only if their emails match the accepted domains.
- In the toolbar, click Clients.
- Click New Client.
- Select the Active Account checkbox if this account will be active.
Enter the client's name, credentials, and contact information.
Required fields are bold.
- Enter a primary and secondary email address.
- Enter a user name using up to 255 characters.
- Enter a password in the field or select Random to generate a random password.
If you selected E-mail Client When Account is Created, Web Help Desk sends a confirmation email to the client.