Plan for a production deployment
To plan your production deployment, do the following:
- Prepare for the installation by verifying that all system requirements are met, all required software is installed, and the required roles and features are enabled.
- Review the installation requirements for setting up a WHD in a stand-alone or Orion Platform deployment.
- Review the database migration options for details about migrating to a PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Review the port requirements to review the secure and non-secure ports for accessing WHD resources.
- Prepare the WHD database for the deployment. This task includes steps for preparing the MySQL time zone tables, enabling TCP/IP in the SQL Server Configuration Manager, and creating and configuring the SQL Server database.
- Prepare the WHD server for the deployment.