Dameware Administrator Guide
Welcome to the Dameware Administrator Guide. If you prefer, you can view this guide as a PDF.
Dameware is comprised of two key products—Dameware Remote Support (DRS) and Dameware Mini Remote Control (MRC). Depending on how you want to support your end users, you can purchase Dameware MRC as a stand-alone product, or you can purchase DRS, which includes Dameware MRC.
To support only internal users, purchase Dameware MRC stand-alone and centralized. To support internal and external or remote users, purchase DRS.
This guide covers both the Dameware MRC and the DRS products. It provides Dameware administrators with information needed to:
- Centrally manage Dameware users, Global Host Lists, and Remote Hosts.
- View, terminate, and modify Internet Sessions.
- Manage Dameware Central Server components.
- Integrate Dameware with SolarWinds Web Help Desk.
- Manage connections between Dameware Mini Remote Control and a remote computer.