Install an evaluation copy of Dameware Mini Remote Control
This topic provides steps for installing an evaluation copy of Dameware Mini Remote Control. An evaluation copy of Dameware Mini Remote Control is fully-functional for 14 days.
Before you begin:
- Review the Dameware 12.2.2 stand-alone installation system requirements.
- Review the Dameware stand-alone installation port requirements.
- Ensure that you obtain a copy of DamewareMRC32-St-v12.0.5-Eval.ZIP (32-bit) or DamewareMRC64-St-v12.0.5-Eval.ZIP (64-bit), the Dameware Mini Remote Control installation files. The files are available as a free download on SolarWinds.com.
The installation is divided into separate tasks that need to be completed before you can begin using Dameware Mini Remote Control.
Task 1: Run the installation file
- Log in as an administrator to the server on which you are installing Dameware Mini Remote Control.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file, and run
The Installation Wizard opens.
Task 2: Complete the installation wizard
- Click Next on the Welcome window.
- If you agree, accept the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- Select an installation directory, and click Next.
- Select your shortcut preferences, and click Next.
- Click Install.
As the installation progresses, a dialog box opens, prompting you to enter an email address. If you do not enter an email address, the installation does not complete.
- On the final dialog box, click Finish.
You are now ready to use Dameware Mini Remote Control. Refer to the Getting Started Guide to begin using Dameware Mini Remote Control.