Install an evaluation copy of Dameware Remote Support
This topic provides steps for installing an evaluation copy of Dameware Remote Support. An evaluation copy of Dameware Remote Support is fully-functional for 14 days.
Before you begin:
- Review the Dameware 12.2.2 stand-alone installation system requirements.
- Review the Dameware stand-alone installation port requirements.
- Ensure that you obtain a copy of DamewareRS-St-v12.0.5-Eval.ZIP, the Dameware Remote Support installation file. The file is available as a free download on SolarWinds.com.
The installation is divided into separate tasks that need to be completed before you can begin using Dameware Remote Support.
Task 1: Run the installation file
- Log in as an administrator to the server on which you are installing Dameware Remote Support.
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file, and run
The Installation Wizard opens.
Task 2: Complete the installation wizard
- Click Next on the Welcome window.
- If you agree, accept the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- Select an installation directory, and click Next.
- Select your shortcut preferences, and click Next.
- Click Install.
As the installation progresses, a dialog box opens, prompting you to enter an email address. If you do not enter an email address, the installation does not complete.
- On the final dialog box, click Finish.
You are now ready to use Dameware Remote Support. Refer to the Getting Started Guide to begin using Dameware Remote Support.