IP address requests
The IP Request feature in IPAM allows anyone within your network to request IP addresses and gives the IPAM administrator a convenient method to review and assign IPs as requested. With the 2020.2.6 release IPAM provides additional options for administrators to work with the IP Request process. This new implementation covers the previous use cases and adds further security and workflow options.
All IPAM administrators should review these new options and adapt the one that best fits their needs.
If you are upgrading from previous versions:
- This change to the IP request process removes the previous method of providing a username/password combination for the IP Address Request form.
- If you were using that method, your network will no longer have access to the IP Address Request form until you select one of the three options.
- The IP Request form access settings
- Request an IP Address using the IP Request link
- Request an IP address with IPAM access
- Process IP address requests
- The IPAM - All Created IP Requests report
- IP Request Settings