Organize an IP address space into IPAM subnets
Adding subnets to an existing or new supernet makes it easier to manage your network. Use the Subnet Allocation wizard to organize your managed IP address space into subnets.
Use the real-time subnet calculator to quickly determine the most efficient way to subdivide any supernet.
- Click My Dashboards > IP Addresses > Manage Subnets & IP Addresses.
- Click Add > Subnet Allocation Wizard.
- Enter the address of the supernet to divide in the Supernet Address field.
- Select a CIDR prefix length.
- Select a subnet size.
Typically, in subnets defined to contain more than two IP addresses, the first and last addresses are reserved as the network address (to identify the subnet to the network) and the broadcast address (to communicate with all addresses within the subnet). As a result, the number of available IP addresses is always two fewer than the number actually contained within a given subnet.
- To only see allocated subnets, clear Show subnets not already allocated.
- Click Refresh to display a list of subnets that can be allocated based on your criteria.
- Select the subnets you want to manage, and click Next.
- (Optional) Enter a description, VLAN ID, and location for the subnets.
- Select Disable Automatic Scanning to automatically scan the subnets for changes.
- Click Done.