Add a DNS server
All DNS servers must already exist as nodes in your installation before they can be added to IPAM.
Windows DNS Servers 2003, 2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2016 and 2019 are supported.
Bind DNS 9.1 through 9.11.n are supported.
Some environments may require you to grant read-only access to a non-administrator account. See Grant read-only access to non-administrator accounts for IPAM DNS Monitoring for more information.
- Go to My Dashboard > DHCP & DNS Management.
- Click on the DNS Server tab to display the current list of DNS servers.
- Click Add.
If using the legacy view, click Add New > DNS Server.
- Select a DNS Server from the list. If the server is not shown, use the Group By menu to sort the DNS servers listed to aid identification.
- Enter or select the credentials for this server. WMI credentials can be inherited from the node to the DNS server.
- Click Test to confirm.
If you provide Windows credentials for accessing and receiving information through WMI, you must provide the account name in the following order: Domain or Computer Name\User Name for domain level authentication or user name for workgroup level authentication.
- Select Enable Scanning to enable incremental DNS Zone transfers. IPAM scans the DNS server for new zones and settings based upon the interval time.
- Click Add Server. The DNS Zones are displayed.