A DNS server translates your numeric IP addresses to domain names and host names. When a domain name is called, IPAM scans all DNS servers to search for its IP address.
- Click My Dashboards > IP Addresses > DHCP & DNS Management.
- Select the DNS Server tab, click Add New, and select DNS Server.
- Select a DNS Server.
Use the Group By menu to select a method for sorting DNS servers.
- Depending on the DNS server type, either use the credential from the Orion node, or select the appropriate credential type and supply the credential.
- Click Test. If the credential are valid for the selected server the Test Successful message will be displayed.
- Select Enable Scanning to enable incremental DNS Zone transfers, and select the scan interval.
IPAM will scan the DNS server for new zones and settings based upon this interval time.
- Click Add Server.
The DNS server is added to the DHCP & DNS Management page and begins scanning domain and host name exchange activity.