Orion Platform Migration Guide
Last Updated: October 8, 2019
Supports: All Orion Platform products
Welcome to the Orion Platform Migration Guide. Review the following sections to find out whether you need to migrate your Orion Platform products and databases and follow the links to instructions specific for your situation.
You may need to migrate your products or SQL database to new servers or SQL versions for many reasons.
Is this your situation:
- My product version hardware, server OS, or SQL requirements may have changed. See the minimum requirements for your product and the multi-module guidelines to start planning.
- I may need new servers for space and better performance. For example, your SQL or Flow Storage database server may be running out of space.
- I may need to migrate products to a shared or dedicated server.
- I may be adding a new database. For example, NTA 4.0 through 4.2.3 adds a new Flow Storage database that works best on a dedicated server.
- I want to move to a new server type. For example, moving to VMs from physical servers may be a better for your environment.
Migrating and upgrading? SolarWinds recommends upgrading to the most recent versions of SolarWinds products that your servers support, and then migrating.