Add or edit Windows credentials
The Windows account specified within IPAM must be on the DHCP server and one of the three following groups: DHCP Users, DHCP Administrators or local Administrators. IPAM impersonates the specified account on the local computer to gain access. If the IPAM computer is not within the same Windows domain as the DHCP server, the IPAM computer must have the same identical account and password. All credentials are sent in clear text, so you should only update credentials through a browser while locally logged into the IPAM server or over an HTTPS connection.
The Windows account must have the interactive log in rights enabled for IPAM to log in.
- Click Settings > All Settings > IPAM Settings.
- Under Manage Credentials, select Credentials for scope scans.
- To add a new credential, click Add New and select Windows.
- To edit an existing credential, select the credential then click Edit.
- Enter a display name for this credential.
- Enter a user name, and a password for this credential.
- Click Save.