Display or change polling engine assignments in IPAM
This section documents how to change the polling engine assigned to scan a specific subnet, as well as how to look up the polling engine monitoring a DNS server or DHCP server instance that IPAM manages. If you have a large number of subnets, Additional Polling Engines (APEs) can reduce the time it takes to scan your network. Use the SolarWinds Web Console to assign a polling engine to scan individual subnets.
To learn how to install Additional Polling Engines, see Add Additional Polling Engines to IPAM.
Complete these steps to change the polling engine assigned to automatic scanning.
- Open the SolarWinds Web Console and choose My Dashboards > IP Addresses >
Manage Subnets & IP Addresses.
The Manage Subnets & IP Addresses page opens.
- Select a subnet.
- Click Edit.
The Edit Subnet Properties dialog box opens. The Polling Engine is displayed.
- Scroll down to the Automatic Scanning section.
- Click Change Polling Engine.
The Select a New Polling Engine dialog box opens.
- Select a polling engine and then click Change Polling Engine.
The new polling engine is listed in the Automatic Scanning section.
- Click Save to close the Edit Subnet Properties dialog box.