Monitor the Infoblox environment
Infoblox servers have to be added as Orion nodes and monitored by Orion (Polling Method cannot be set to External Node).
Infoblox servers have to support wAPI v2.5 (wAPI of Infoblox is backward compatible).
The user needs to have following permissions on Infoblox servers:
To set permissions:
- Go to the Infoblox Management UI.
- Navigate to Administration > Administration > Permissions.
- Select the user or group used by Solarwinds OrionIPAM to connect with Infoblox.
- Add read only (RO) permissions for:
- DHCP Permissions/IPAM Permissions (for resource type Network View)
- DNS Permissions (for resource type DNS View)
Scanning and monitoring of Infoblox DNS and DHCP server is performed in the same way as with other types of DHCP/DNS servers in IPAM, except that it is read only. This means there is no way to modify any settings on the Infoblox server from the IPAM interface. Therefore the following operations are not available:
- Edit DHCP Scope details (name, address range, options)
- Set a lease time for scopes
- Set reservations for IP address managed by Infoblox directly in IPAM
- Edit details of DNS zones
- Add new DNS records into DNS zone managed by Infoblox DNS server
- Remove scopes on server when removing server monitored in IPAM
- Remove DNS zones from Infoblox Server when removing DNS server from IPAM
- Monitoring of IPv6 is not available in this release