Serv-U Web Client overview
The Serv-U Web Client is an HTTP-based file transfer client available for use by all users on a licensed Serv-U File Server. The Web Client is a perfect solution for users and organizations with a need to provide a simple method of transferring a few files between users. Because it uses the HTTP protocol to communicate with Serv-U, the Web Client avoids some of the headaches associated with using the FTP protocol in a secured environment or through the limited support of FTP in today's common web browsers.
The Web Client includes the following features:
- Share files.
- Access your files from anywhere using a Graphical User Interface (GUI) from within your browser.
- Transfer files to and from your file server, including creating and deleting directories.
- View remote images as thumbnails generated on-the-fly to conserve bandwidth and increase transfer speed.
- Easily share photo albums using the built-in slideshow feature.
- Play audio and video files in the built-in media player.
- Provide access to the file server in eleven different supported languages.