Serv-U file sharing (MFT only)
The MFT edition of Serv-U File Server enables file sharing, which allows
File sharing is disabled by default. You must select the relevant option to enable it.
To send file sharing invitation emails, you must configure your SMTP settings. This configuration only needs to be set once for the entire server or a domain.
To enable file sharing for the
- Navigate to
ServerLimits and Settings > File Sharing.
- Type the address for the domain URL.
- Type the location of the file sharing repository.
- Select the number of days until the shares expire.
- Select whether you want to use the inherited default email invitation subject, or customize your own.
If the option is deselected, you can type in a custom subject.
- Select whether you want to use the inherited default email notification message, or customize your own.
If the option is deselected, you can type in a custom message.
- Select Enable File Sharing.
- If not configured yet, configure SMTP to be able to send and receive notification emails.
For more information about configuring an SMTP server, see SMTP configuration.
- Click Save.