Serv-U domain limits
There are many options to customize how Serv-U can be used, and these can be set at the user, group, domain, and server level.
- For the Server Limits page, click here.
- For the User Properties: Limits page, click here.
- For the Group Properties: Limits page, click here.
The limits stack intelligently, so user settings override group settings, group settings override domain settings, and domain settings override server settings. In addition, you can configure limits so they only apply during certain days of the week, and certain times of the day.
Select Limits and Settings from the Domain menu. The Limits tab is displayed by default.
Most limits and settings on this tab are self-explanatory. However, the "Allow users to change password" setting in the Password limit types is overridden by the "User must change password at next login" option if set to No.
Default limits are displayed against a blue background. These cannot be edited or deleted, but can be overridden by adding a new limit.
Override a default limit
- Select the Limit Type containing the limit to override.
- Click Add.
- Select the limit to add.
- Enter the value for the limit.
- Click Advanced to specify a day and time to which this limit applies.
- Check the Apply limit only at this time of day if you want to specify a time period for which this limit is in force, and select the Start and End Times.
- Select the Days of the Week for which this limit applies.
- Click Save.
The new limit is displayed in the list. (The default is still displayed, even though it is overridden.)
Edit a limit
- Select a non-default limit, and click Edit.
If you try to edit a default limit a message is displayed informing you that default limits cannot be edited and asking if you want to create a new limit to override it.
- Amend the value as required.
- If you want to change the day and time to which this limit applies, click Advanced.
- Click Save.