Use a third-party SCP server for NCM config change transfers
If NCM uses SCP (Secure Copy Protocol) to transfer configuration files, you can use the SolarWinds SFTP & SCP server or you can use a third-party SCP server.
Requirements for using a third-party SCP server
If you configure NCM to use a third-party SCP server, the following conditions must be met:
The NCM user must have receive and transmit permissions configured in the third-party SCP server.
The third-party SCP server must be installed on the Orion server (the main polling engine) and on each additional polling engine that NCM uses.
It is not possible to use an SCP server that is installed on a different server.
Specify the third-party SCP server's location and login credentials
Complete the following steps to specify the third-party SCP server's location and login credentials.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click NCM Settings.
Under Network, click SCP Server.
The SCP Server Settings page shows the default settings for the SPC servers used by your Orion server and any additional polling engines (APEs).
- Select Use Third-Party SCP Server.
- Select Allow Me to Specify the IP Address of the SCP Server to prevent NCM from resolving the SCP server based on its own host and disabling other entries.
- Enter the user name and password that NCM should use to connect to the SCP server.
- Specify a config transfer directory, and click Validate to verify that the SCP Root Directory is set to be the same as the third-party server.
- Click Submit to save the settings.