Unmanage NCM nodes during maintenance periods
NCM does not perform job actions on unmanaged nodes. When performing maintenance on nodes, unmanage the nodes to discontinue processing jobs against them. Maintenance includes upgrading firmware, installing new hardware, or updating security.
Configuration data for unmanaged nodes will remain in the SolarWinds Platform database.
You can manually unmanage and remanage nodes, or you can schedule a period (for example, a maintenance window) when nodes are unmanaged.
Access the management page
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Nodes.
- In the nodes list, select the nodes you want to unmanage.
Click Maintenance Mode > Unmanage Now.
On the Manage Entities page, click More > Un-manage Now.
Select the nodes you want to remanage in the nodes list, and click Remanage.
- In the nodes list, select the nodes you want to remanage.
Click Maintenance Mode > Manage Again.
On the Manage Entities page, click More > Manage Again.
Schedule a period when nodes are unmanaged
- In the nodes list, select the nodes you want to unmanage for a period of time.
Click Maintenance Mode > Schedule.
On the Manage Entities page, click More > Schedule Maintenance.
On the Scheduled Maintenance dialog box, select Stop polling this object (Unmanage).
Specify the beginning and end of the maintenance period.