Troubleshoot NCM device connections
When you experience problems connecting to a device, you may need to perform a session trace to troubleshoot the issue. A session trace shows all communication sent between NCM and the network device to which you are connecting. The session trace log contains error messages and commands sent that generated the error.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Settings, click CLI Settings.
- Select Enable Session Tracing.
- Perform the steps to recreate the issue you are troubleshooting.
- Open the session trace file.
- Edit the device template and apply the necessary changes to resolve the issue.
- Turn off Enable Session Tracing when the problem has been resolved.