Enable session tracing when troubleshooting a connection issue
When you experience problems connecting to a device, you may need to perform a session trace to troubleshoot the issue. A session trace shows all communication sent between NCM and the network device to which you are connecting. The session trace log contains error messages and commands sent that generated the error.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click CLI Settings.
- Select Enable Session Tracing, and click Submit.
- Perform the steps to recreate the issue you are troubleshooting.
Open the session trace file, which can be found in the following location:
- When the problem has been resolved, deselect Enable Session Tracing.