Customize the login banner of a device
You can easily change the login banner for a router, switch, or firewall using Network Configuration Manager. This customization can be rolled out to a single or multiple devices.
Modify the login banner
- Click My Dashboards > Network Configuration > Jobs.
- Click Create New Job.
- Name the job, and select Execute Command Script on Devices from Job Type.
Specify when the job runs:
To run the job once or on a simple schedule, select Basic. Click the tab that identifies how frequently the job runs, and then specify the start time and (if needed) the day(s).
To create a more complex schedule, select Advanced and then use the five fields to create a CRON expression.
- Add a comment if this job relates to a business rule, and click Next.
- Select the nodes to target with this job, and click Next.
- Select an email notification option, and click Next. If you click Email Results, the default email notification and SMTP server settings are populated. These settings can be overridden in each job.
- Add the script to execute.
- If you want to load a saved script, click Load Saved Script, and select a script.
- If you want to load an existing script from disk, click Load Script from File, browse to the file, and click Open.
- If you want to create a new script, enter your script in the text box. For example:
no banner login
banner login ^Unauthorized use of these systems is punishable by law^
Unauthorized use of these systems is punishable by lawis the new banner.
- If you want to save a script, click Save Script, specify a location, and click Save.
- Select Filter Results that match a pattern if you want to see in the script output only those lines that match a specific regular expression pattern.
- Select Show Commands in Output to view what NCM sent to the targeted devices.
- Click Next.
- Review the settings for the job, and click Finish.
Verify success by comparing configs
- Click My Dashboards > Network Configuration > Configuration Management.
- Select one or more nodes, and click Compare Node(s) Configs.
- Select a config from each list.
- Click Compare Selected. Changes to are highlighted in red, green, and yellow.