F5 device template behavior
When using device templates for F5 devices, consider the following behavior.
Device setup prerequisites
- Set the Terminal Access user on the device to Advanced Shell. Do not use Traffic Management Shell (TMSH).
- Verify the device can reach the NCM server for configuration transfers using SCP.
- If you plan to upload binary user configuration set (UCS) files, the upload can take a long time. Increase the NCM timeouts to have a complete upload report.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
Under Product Specific Settings, choose CLI settings.
- Set Telnet/SSH Connection Timeout: 360 seconds
- Telnet/SSH Prompt Timeout: 300 seconds
If you set up NCM to transfer configurations using SSH:
- The template can download the current running config.
- You cannot download the startup config.
- You cannot upload the running or startup config.
If you set up NCM to transfer configurations using SCP:
- The template can download and upload a text single configuration file (SCF) as a running config.
- The template can download and upload a binary UCS as startup config.
- You cannot upload the running config to startup, or startup to running config.
Downloading or uploading configs using TFTP is not supported.