Apply the default NCM alert
When you install NCM, the software automatically creates a predefined alert called Alert Me and Trigger an NCM Action in the Alert Manager.
By default, if changes in the device configuration trigger it, this predefined alert does these three things in order:
- Backs up the running config on the alerting device.
- Determines the last config changes made on the device.
- Sends an email regarding the alert to a relevant administrator that includes the results of both NCM actions.
Complete the following steps to apply the default NCM alert to monitored nodes.
- Click Alerts & Activity > Alerts.
- Click Manage Alerts.
- Select Object Type from the Group By list, and select Node.
- Select Alert Me and Trigger an NCM Action.
- If you want to edit the configuration, click Edit Alert.
- If you want to make a copy of the alert before editing it, click Duplicate & Edit.
- Edit the Alert Properties, and set Enable On/Off to On.
- On Trigger Condition, define the conditions in which the software launches the alert. The default conditions are any node in the NCM environment that responds in 200 ms or more.
- On Reset Condition, define the conditions in which the software resets the alert. The default condition is that the triggered nodes respond in 100 ms or less.
- On Time of Day, define the days and times during which the software actively evaluates the database for trigger conditions. The default range is 24/7.
- On Trigger Actions, create actions to execute when the software triggers the alert, and enter your NCM credentials.
- On Reset Conditions, define actions to execute when the software resets the alert. Default actions are to back up the config running on the alerting device, determine the last config changes, and send an email to a contact. For other available NCM actions, see Types of NCM alert actions.
- On Reset Actions, create actions to execute when the resets the alert, and click Next. By default, resetting an alert sends an email notification.
- On Summary, review and edit settings. We recommend enabling Alert Integration.
- Click Submit.