An approver role provides dynamic approver assignments based on the department or location associated with a ticket. A department approver role approves or rejects tickets for a specific department.
You can only use one department approver in a process. If you require multiple department approvers to approve a request, then configure the process with client approvers.
In the following example, the
IT Department Approver role is created for the Information Technology department.
- Click Setup > Processes > Approver Roles.
- Click the Department Approver Roles tab.
- Click New.
In the Approval Role Name field, enter a name that describes the role.
For example: IT Department Approver
To add a position that will be responsible for approvals for one or more locations:
- Click Setup and select Processes > Approver Roles.
- Click the Location Approver Roles tab.
- Click New.
In the Approver Role Name field, enter a name that describes the role.
Your selected name is added as an approver role name.
Assign clients to location approval roles
- Click Setup and select Processes > Location Approvers.
- In the Location Name column, click a location.
- Click Add Role.
- Click the Approver Role drop-down menu and select the appropriate role.
- In the Approver Name row, enter a client first and last name in the appropriate field and click Search to locate a client.
- Click the name of the person you want to assign as a location approver.
- Repeat step 4 through step 6 to add additional approvers.
- When you are finished assigning approvers, click Save.
Assign clients to department approval roles
- Click Setup and select Processes > Department Approvers.
Click the department. For example, Information Technology.
Click Add Role.
- Select the Approver Role. For example, IT Department Approver.
- In the Client Lookup section, search for and select the name of the person you want to assign as the department approver.