The MAC Finder gadget is used to search a list of switches for a specific MAC address. This is helpful when you are looking for a MAC address but do not know the associated device.
- Click Gadgets > Tools > Discovery Tools, and then drag the MAC Finder gadget to a tab.
- Enter the MAC address you are searching for in the MAC Address to Find field.
- To search have already been added to Workspace Studio, drag the switches from the Devices tab to the Devices to Search list in the MAC Finder gadget.
- To search have not been added to Workspace Studio, enter the IP address or host name and the SNMP community string in the provided fields under Manually Add IP or host name, and then click Add device.
- To hide Cisco trunk port results, select Do not display Cisco trunk ports.
- Click Search.