Interpret DNS Audit results
Consider the following when interpreting DNS Audit results:
- The first column of the user interface provides the scanned IP address.
- The Reverse Resolve column provides the DNS name, if the IP address resolves using reverse DNS.
- The Reverse Resolve column contains red text
<no reverse DNS response>if a response is not received.
- The Forward Resolve column contains nothing if reverse resolution fails (forward resolution is not attempted).
- The Forward Resolve column contains
<did not resolve>if there was a failure of the forward resolution attempt.
- The Forward Resolve column contains a red IP address if the forward resolution to an IP address is different than the originally scanned IP address.