Deactivate and re-activate the Engineer's Toolset for Desktop license with the License Manager
To move your Engineer's Toolset for Desktop to another server, you need to deactivate the current license from the computer and reactivate it on the server with a new installation. To do this without contacting SolarWinds Customer Service, Engineer's Toolset must be under an active maintenance.
- Log in to the computer where Engineer's Toolset for Desktop is installed.
- Start the License Manager in the SolarWinds program folder.
- Select Engineer's Toolset, and click Deactivate.
- Complete the Deactivation wizard, and save the deactivation file.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal, and go to the License Management page.
- Select your product instance, and click Deactivate License Manually.
- In the Manage License Deactivation page, locate the deactivation file you created in License Manager, and click Upload.
The deactivated license is now available to activate on a new computer.
- Log in to the computer where you want to install Engineer's Toolset for Desktop, and then start installation.
- When asked to specify your licenses, provide your information.
- The license you deactivated earlier is assigned to the new installation.