With Proxy Ping, you can initiate a PING test from any remote Cisco router. The ICMP PING results are calculated based on packets sent from the Cisco router directly to the other remote device.
Initiate a Proxy Ping
- Enter the following information:
- Host nameorIP address (IPV4/IPV6) of the proxy Cisco router
- User name andpassword for the proxy Cisco router
- SSH1 or SSH2.
- Host name orIP address (IPV4/IPV6) of the target device to be pinged
- Ping timeout
- To start the test, click Execute.
- To restart the test after reviewing the results, click Execute again.