You can import a list of devices from a text file, a CSV file, SolarWinds database types, SQL databases, and Access databases. Add devices to the Workspace Studio using an import file.
The import files must contain the IP address of each device listed.
- Click Devices > Import Devices.
- Select the file to import, and then click Next.
Import from an Orion or SQL database
- If you know the connection string, click Enter Connection String Manually, enter the connection string, and then click Next.
- In the Server Name or Address field, enter the SQL server name or IP address.
- Enter the user name and password.
- Select the database you want to import devices from, and then click Next.
Import from any other file format
- Browse to the import file, select it, and then click Next.
- Assign the columns, and then click Next.
- Select the rows to import, and then click Next.
- If you want to exclude devices with duplicate IP addresses, select the box on the Select Options window.
- Click Finish.
The IP address of the device is used as the device display name when importing static devices if there is no connectivity.