Watch It is an up-down network monitor. It can monitor numerous device types, including the following:
Watch It notifies you when network response time begins to degrade or when a device is down. Alerts sounds can configured to play when a device drops packets, stops responding, and when a down device becomes active again.
- Specify the host name or IP address of the device you to monitor.
- Click Add Node.
- Click OK after adding all devices.
- If Watch It is currently running, click +/- to add or remove devices.
- To reveal the Watch It user interface, point to the row of lights displayed on the right of your desktop.
- Double-click any device to check the current response time.
- The response time of each device is monitored. When response time begins to deteriorate or the device begins dropping packets, the light near the device turns yellow. The light turns red if the device stops responding.