Add device credentials
When you add devices or use gadgets, you may be required to assign unique credentials to a device for use within the Workspace Studio. Create multiple credential sets to help you streamline your daily use of the tool. For security, credential sets can be encrypted within the database.
The Workspace Studio supports SNMP (v1, v2c, and v3), SSH1, SSH2, and Telnet communication protocols. For information on the communication protocols your devices support, see device documentation.
- Click File > Manage Devices & Credentials.
- Click SNMP Credentials or SSH Credentials.
- Click Add New.
- Select the communication protocol.
- Enter a name for the credential set.
- Enter the community string.
To see the community string as you enter it, click Show.
- To test the SNMP credentials, enter or select the IP address or host name of a device, and then click Test Credential.
- To ensure your credential details are secure, select Encrypt Credentials.
- Click Apply Changes.