Select message properties
With Syslog Monitor you can modify several general properties, including the following:
- Display messages as they arrive.
- Play a sound when a message is received.
- Word wrap messages.
- Select the properties to display of the message itself.
- Click File > Settings.
- Click the General tab, and then select the options you want to enable or disable.
- To change the database location, click Browse and select a new location.
- Click the Display Columns tab, and select the properties you want to display about Syslog messages.
Modifying the properties viewed does not change what is stored in the database. The entire message is stored.
- Click OK.