Create a scheduled task to run a program
Create a Run Program task to execute a Windows program, process, or batch file. You can schedule the task to run at regular intervals.
- From the Kiwi Syslog Service Manager, choose File > Setup.
In the left pane of the Setup dialog, right-click Schedules and select Add new schedule.
Replace the default name with a descriptive name.
- As the Task Type, select Run Program.
As the Task Trigger, specify when you want the archive task to run:
- To schedule the task, select On a schedule. Then specify the start date, frequency, end date, and any exceptions on the Schedule tab.
- To run the task each time you start or stop the Kiwi Syslog Server application or service, select On app/service startup or On app/service shutdown.
On the Program Options tab, complete the following fields:
Program file name Specify the program to run. Command line options Enter any command-line parameters to be passed to the program. Process priority
Select the priority of the process created when the program runs. Select Normal (the default) for programs with no special scheduling needs.
Low priority processes run only when the system is idle. High and Realtime priority processes preempt the threads of lower level priorities. For more information on each priority level, see the ProcessPriority registry setting.
Realtime priority processes can cause system lockups.
Window mode If the program has a user interface, select the Window mode. Wait for program initialization to complete
Select this option if you want Kiwi Syslog Server to suspend all processing until the program has started. Then enter the maximum time that Kiwi Syslog Server should wait.
Use this setting if something interacts with the program after it starts and you want to be sure that the program has started before the interaction is triggered. To determine if the program has started, Kiwi Syslog Server monitors the process that is created when the program starts, and waits for that process to signal that it is idle.
To email or save the report generated each time the clean-up task runs, select one or more options on the Run Program Notification tab.
- To email the report to multiple recipients, separate the list of email addresses by commas or semicolons.
- If you save the report to a file, insert date and time variables in the file name to ensure that it is unique. If the file name is not unique, Kiwi Syslog Server overwrites the existing file when it creates a new file.
- Click Apply to save your changes.