Test a filter or an action
Before enabling a rule, test the filters or actions to make sure they work as intended.
Test the filter or action setup dialog
- From the Kiwi Syslog Server NG navigation bar, choose Setup > Settings > Test Message.
- Select the protocol and complete the relevant fields for your test message. Click Apply.
- Once you have applied your changes, click Test.
A green toast message will appear in the upper-right corner of the user display if the test message sends successfully.
Use the Kiwi SyslogGen utility
You can test filters and actions using Kiwi SyslogGen, a free utility that generates and sends syslog messages. You can specify message properties such as priority, message text, and sending IP address.
- Go to the Kiwi Syslog Free Products and Utilities page and download Kiwi SyslogGen.
- Install Kiwi SyslogGen on the computer where Kiwi Syslog Server NG is installed.
- Use Kiwi SyslogGen to generate messages that meet the filter criteria, and verify that the results are what you intended.