Activate a license key for Kiwi Syslog Server
Activate licenses online
If Kiwi Syslog Server is connected to the internet, you can activate the license online. If your server does not have internet access, see Activate licenses offline.
- Complete the following steps to retrieve your license activation key from the Customer Portal.
If you are evaluation KSS or have received a license activation key from a SolarWinds representative, continue with Step 2.
- In the Kiwi Syslog Server Manager, select Help > Enter license details.
- Click Enter Licensing Information.
- Select "I have internet access and an activation key....".
- Enter the license / activation key, and click Next.
If you are using a proxy server to activate your license, check "I access the internet through a proxy server" and enter the proxy address, port, user name, and password, as necessary.
- Enter the registration information, and click Next.
- Restart the Kiwi Syslog Server Manager.
Manual license activation is necessary if your server does not have internet access or is having activation issues due to a proxy server.
Offline activate requires a transfer of files between the KSS server and a computer connected to the internet. You can use email, shared storage, or a USB flash drive to transfer the files.
- In the Kiwi Syslog Server Manager, click Help > Enter license details > Enter Licensing Information.
- Click Enter License Information.
- Select "This server does not have internet access. Guide me through offline, manual activation", and click Next.
- Click Copy Unique Machine ID.
- Paste the Unique Machine ID into a text editor documentation. You will use this ID in the next step.
- Complete the following steps to obtain a license activation file from the Customer Portal.
If you are evaluating KSS and have received a license activation file from a SolarWinds representative, continue with Step 7.
On a computer with internet access:
- Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Browse to Licenses > Manage Licenses.
- Locate the Kiwi product you are activating.
- Click Activate license manually.
- Enter the required contact information. The activation key is entered for you and cannot be changed.
- Enter the Unique Machine ID copied from Step 5.
- Click Generate License File to download your license key (
- Save this file to a location on your product's server.
- Open the activation window and browse to the saved License Key File location.
- Click Open.
- Click Next to apply the key.
- Once the activation has been confirmed, click Finish.
- Restart Kiwi Syslog Server.