Assign Universal Device Pollers to devices monitored in NPM
UnDPs are SNMP-based. You can only assign them to nodes polled through SNMP.
If you do not see a poller that meets your monitoring needs, use the Universal Device Poller to create a poller. See Monitor custom statistics based on OIDs with Universal Device Pollers in the NPM.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Platform Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes.
- Select the node, interface, or volume you want to assign Universal Device Pollers to.
The list only includes nodes polled through SNMP. If you cannot see a node, check the polling method, and change it to SNMP.
See Add a single node for information about adding nodes, interfaces, or volumes for monitoring.
- Click Assign Pollers in the Node Management toolbar.
- Expand the poller group, and select pollers to assign.
- Click Submit, and click OK to confirm the assignment.
NPM polls data specified by the poller on the node, interface, or volume.