HW inventory profiles in Server Configuration Monitor (SCM)
The hardware (HW) inventory profile monitors changes to the server's hardware, including:
- Hard drives
- Logical drives
- Memory modules
- Network interfaces
- OutOfBand management
- Removable media
- Storage controllers
- Video card
Monitoring this profile requires that Asset Inventory be enabled on the server. To enable Asset Inventory:
- Navigate to List Resources for the server you would like to monitor. There are multiple way to get to List Resources:
- From the Node Details Summary page, click List Resources in the Management widget.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes. Select the node, and then click List Resources in the Node Management toolbar.
- In the list that displays, check the box next to Asset Inventory.
- Click Submit to save your changes.