Unassign configuration profiles in Server Configuration Monitor (SCM)
This task is not available to all users. See User restrictions for details.
There are two ways to unassign configuration profiles:
Through Server Configuration Monitor Settings
- Navigate to Server Configuration Monitor Settings, either from the link in the upper right of the Server Configuration Monitor Summary page or by going to Settings > All Settings > Server Configuration Monitor Settings.
- Switch to the Monitored Nodes tab.
- Select the node(s) you want to unassign profiles from.
- Click Unassign Profiles on the ribbon.
- Select the profiles you want to unassign, and then click Unassign.
- You will be prompted with a question about keeping historical data. You can choose to keep the data SCM has collected from the unassigned profiles if you would like to see that information when looking at the configuration history. If you choose to delete the data, that history will be gone. Click either Keep Data or Delete Data to finish the unassignment.
Through List Resources
Out-of-the-box profiles can be unassigned through a node's List Resources.
Navigate to List Resources for the server you would like to monitor. There are multiple ways to get to List Resources:
- From the Node Details Summary page, click List Resources in the Management widget.
- Click Settings > Manage Nodes. Select the node, then click List Resources in the Node Management toolbar.
- Under Server Configuration, select the profiles you want to assign or unassign.
Custom profiles are not included in List Resources.
- Click Submit to save your changes.
You may want to assign the same profile(s) to multiple servers. Instead of assigning and unassigning each profile individually, you can assign and unassign profiles in bulk.
From the Manage Nodes page
See instructions for unassigning configuration profiles from the Manage Nodes page.