Enable or disable content downloading for an element in SCM
Server Configuration Monitor (SCM) downloads the content of configuration elements for content comparison. For very large files or very large registry keys, you may want to disable downloading to save database space and prevent performance or network traffic issues. When content downloading is disabled, changes will still be detected and reported as usual, but line-by-line content comparison will be disabled for the element.
To toggle content downloading:
- Navigate to Server Configuration Monitor Settings, either from the link in the upper right of the Server Configuration Monitor Summary page or by going to Settings > All Settings > Server Configuration Monitor Settings.
- Click the Manage Profiles tab, if it is not selected by default.
- Select the profile that contains the element, and then click Edit.
- Select the element for which you want to change the content downloading setting, and then click Edit.
- Change the Download Content switch to the desired state, and then click Save.
If content downloading was enabled for an element but is later disabled, the previously downloaded content will still be kept according to the data retention settings.