Troubleshoot upgrade issues in Server Configuration Monitor (SCM)
If you encounter errors, try the following:
- If you experience issues and are not on the latest product versions, we recommend completing a full upgrade. Use the SolarWinds Platform Installer to create the upgrade path. Many of these updates solve issues you may experience part way through your upgrade.
- Check our Success Center for troubleshooting. We recommend searching the name of the product, the version number, any error codes or messages displayed, and the general issue you found.
- Check your Customer Portal for any new hot fixes.
- If you encounter a (500) internal server error after an upgrade, use the Orion permission checker to make sure your Group Policy is not locked. See this article for full details.
- If your views do not load when you first open the console, run the Configuration Wizard again.
If an issue occurs that you need additional help with, contact Support. We recommend gathering diagnostics, a screenshot of the issue, and any error codes you receive. Attach this information to your ticket.