Create custom properties for a remote SolarWinds site in EOC
Unique to EOC, as compared to the SolarWinds Platform, is the capability to specify one or more sites that a custom property is created and stored on.
For additional information on creating custom properties, see Create a custom property in the SolarWinds Platform.
Depending on the selected object type, some options are not available.
- Log in to EOC as an administrator.
- Go to Settings > All Settings.
- In the Node & Group Management group, click Manage Custom Properties.
- Click Add Custom Property.
- Select the custom property Entity Type, and click Next.
Alternatively, you can choose from a list of pre-configured templates to create properties. Frequently used custom properties are available as templates. Select a template, and adjust the settings, if necessary. Templates ensure that naming conventions are met when necessary for certain workflows, such as drawing lines signifying a certain value in resources.
- Configure the custom property details:
Do not use angle brackets <, > as a value for custom properties.
- Property name and description
- Property format
- Assigned default property value
- Site(s) the property is stored on
- How the custom property is used
Assign account limitations to a custom property
You can assign a custom property to be used for account or view limitations.
- Create or edit an existing custom property in EOC Custom Property Manager.
- Under Select how this property will be used, check the box for Account Limitations.
This custom property in now available for assignment to an account or view limitation.
The EOC Custom Property Manager requires that each newly created property is unique. If a custom property with the same name, attributes, and usage already exists on a remote SolarWinds site, an error message is received which identifies the property and the sites that already include the property.
You can consolidate custom properties created on remote SolarWinds sites into a single Global property. For more information, see Consolidate custom properties in EOC.