Consolidate custom properties into a single global property in EOC
Local custom properties with the same attributes can individually exist across several remote Orion sites. While these properties may share the same name, entity type, and data format, they live on different sites, requiring any updates to be applied to each property one-by-one.
To aid maintenance, EOC 2020.2.5 allows users to consolidate several custom properties into a single Global property, which can then be assigned to multiple sites.
For information on Global versus Local properties, see Global and Local custom properties in EOC.
Properties can only be consolidated if all selected Local properties have the same attribute criteria:
- Entity type. For example, all selected entities are Entity Type
- Name. For example, all selected entities are named "Asset".
- Format. For example, all selected entities are formatted as
To consolidate Local properties:
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Under Node & Group Management grouping, click Manage Custom Properties.
- Select the properties, and click Consolidate.
- Configure the details for the custom property.
- Property name and description
- Property format
- Default property values
- Property usage
- Site(s) the property is stored on
- Click Save.
- Successfully consolidated properties are now identified as a
GlobalSource in the custom property manager.