Manage Orion site custom properties in EOC
By default, every object monitored by Orion includes a list of properties used to describe entities, for example a device's IP address or host name. In addition to the default properties, you can also add custom properties based on user-defined fields, for example country, device serial number, or tags. These custom properties are useful to include in alerts, reports, views, and groups as they can provide additional information not supplied by the default properties.
For additional information on creating and managing custom properties, see Manage .
With EOC 2020.2, EOC is no longer a just web-server rolling up data from remote sites. You can now create and manage custom properties for Orion sites from a centralized location.
- Create custom properties in EOC
- Remove custom properties in EOC
- Filter custom properties in EOC
- Consolidate custom properties in EOC
- Global properties versus Local properties created in EOC
- Create or delete custom limitations using the Web Account Limitation Builder
To access the EOC Custom Properties Management page:
- Log in to EOC as an administrator.
- Go to Settings > All Settings.
- Under the Node & Group Management group, click Manage Custom Properties.
The Custom Properties Manger in EOC and the Orion Platform allows you to create, import, export, and manage properties, providing distributed custom property management from a centralized location.
For references on creating and managing custom properties, see the following topics in the Orion Platform Administrator Guide:
- About custom properties in the Orion Platform
- Create a custom property in the Orion Platform
- Remove a custom property in the Orion Platform
- Import custom property values in the Orion Platform
- Export custom property data in the Orion Platform
- Assign and change custom properties values in the Orion Platform
- Filter objects when assigning custom properties in the Orion Platform
- Draw horizontal lines in Orion Platform widgets
- Create a custom location property in the Orion Platform