Manage SolarWinds Platform site custom properties in EOC
By default, every object monitored by the SolarWinds Platform includes a list of properties used to describe entities, for example a device's IP address or host name. In addition to the default properties, you can also add custom properties based on user-defined fields, for example country, device serial number, or tags. These custom properties are useful to include in alerts, reports, views, and groups as they can provide additional information not supplied by the default properties.
EOC is not just a web-server rolling up data from remote sites. You can also create and manage custom properties for SolarWinds Platform sites from a centralized location.
- Create custom properties in EOC
- Remove custom properties in EOC
- Filter custom properties in EOC
- Consolidate custom properties in EOC
- Global properties versus Local properties created in EOC
- Create or delete custom limitations using the Web Account Limitation Builder
To access the EOC Custom Properties Management page:
- Log in to EOC as an administrator.
- Go to Settings > All Settings.
- Under the Node & Group Management group, click Manage Custom Properties.
The Custom Properties Manger in EOC and the SolarWinds Platform allows you to create, import, export, and manage properties, providing distributed custom property management from a centralized location.
For references on creating and managing custom properties, see the following topics in the SolarWinds Platform Administrator Guide:
- About custom properties in the SolarWinds Platform
- Create a custom property in the SolarWinds Platform
- Remove a custom property in the SolarWinds Platform
- Import custom property values in the SolarWinds Platform
- Export custom property data in the SolarWinds Platform
- Assign and change custom properties values in the SolarWinds Platform
- Filter objects when assigning custom properties in the SolarWinds Platform
- Draw horizontal lines in SolarWinds Platform widgets
- Create a custom location property in the SolarWinds Platform