Rescan a network
NTM enables you to rescan (rediscover) the network based on the existing settings. You can also adjust settings and rescan based on the modified settings; in this case, NTM overwrites the data in the existing scan file.
- If you are rediscovery your network based on an NTM 1.0 map, then as part of the results you will see Network Segment nodes added to the existing map.
- If you are rediscovering your network based on a map created in any previous version of NTM, then link aggregations automatically display only after rescanning.
- If the scan file is not already open, open it (File > Open).
- If you do not need to adjust any settings, simply click Rescan on the toolbar.
- If you need to adjust settings, click Discovery Settings at the lower left and make your changes, as needed, and then click Discover in the Summary screen.
NTM overwrites the data in the existing scan file based on the modified settings. If you do not want to change the data in the existing scan file, use the Discovery Wizard to create a new scan.