To configure MySQL for your Web Help Desk deployment, use MySQL Workbench to connect to the MySQL database server and set up the database. To preserve your system resources, disable the PostgreSQL service on the Web Help Desk server.
- Start MySQL Workbench and connect to the MySQL database server.
- Create a new schema with the following settings:
- Name: whd
- Collation type:
utf8 - utf8_general_ci
- Networking - Port:
- General - default-storage-engine:
- Misc - init_connect:
SET NAMES utf8
- Login Name: whd
- Limit Connectivity to Hosts Matching:
- Select the whd user.
- Add a new entry with your host in the Host box.
- In the Schema box, select
whdand click OK.
- Select all Object, DDL, and Other rights check boxes.
(Optional) Enable SSL encryption
See Enable SSL encryption for a MySQL database for details.
Disable the PostgreSQL service
If you are using MySQL as your Web Help Desk database, disable the PostgreSQL service in the Windows Server operating system. This will preserve your system resources and prevent users from setting PostgreSQL as your primary database.
Log in to the Web Help Desk server as an administrator.
Go to Services.
Locate the following service:
Web Help Desk PostgreSQL Embedded Database
Right-click the service and select Properties.
Set the Status type to Disabled.
Set the Service status to Stopped.
Click Apply, and then click OK.