Configure CLI credentials in SolarWinds VNQM
Some Network Service Assurance operations require command line interface (CLI) login credentials in order to configure the operations on your routers.
To add CLI credentials to your SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager nodes:
- Log in to your SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager server as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click VoIP & Network Quality (VNQM) Settings.
- Under Network Service Assurance Management, click Remove nodes from VoIP and Network Quality Manager.
This takes you to the Manage Network Service Assurance Nodes page.
- Select the node you want to edit, and click Edit Node.
- Enter the name of the credential set in the Credentials Name field to create a new set.
- Enter the user name and password in the associated fields.
- Enter the enable level to use when logging in.
The enable level must have privileges to execute configure terminal commands as well as be able to configure Network Service Assurance operations. For information about configuring network devices, see your manufacturer’s documentation.
- Enter the password associated with the enable level to use when logging in.
- Expand Advanced, and select the protocol, port number, and connection timeout you want to use when connecting to your network devices.
- Test the credentials, and click Save.
You cannot edit or delete existing CLI credentials for your VNQM nodes. If you change the user name, password, enable level, or enable password, you must add a new credential set.